Friday, October 16, 2009

A mini egg update

Surprised Laughing Be careful where you read the punctuation in that title!! Laughing Surprised

Anyway, what I mean is, here is a small progress update on the growth of my eggs for fertility treatment (it is definitely too early to be talking about Easter!!).

I've been on the fertility drugs for 8 days now (9th dosage will be done later tonight) and haven't had too many side effects - slightly snappy to G on some small occasions, and crying at some silly things (Stacey in Eastenders when she was sectioned, and seeing two little girls today in the hospital - spotted each other in the pharmacy and started blowing friendly raspberries and giggling at each other. One was clearly having/had chemo as she had no hair. They were probably 2 or 3 years old. So, so cute. I had to hide my tears from their mums!).

Had a further scan today (with a Sister, rather than the consultant) and she saw that the follicles had grown a lot and took more time to look for a few of them instead of just the one the consultant bothered to look at. Today, the largest was 15mm and she spotted 5 or 6 on each side. All on target for a collection next Weds, Thursday or Friday. Another scan on Monday morning to check further progress.

G also received his results and all is healthy there too!! Phew! He is relieved, as I am sure all men will understand! Razz

Work has been good this week. It makes me realise how much I really do love my job and the people that I work with. I can see myself working in a university library for life, if they'll have me! My team of senior staff have told me in no uncertain terms that they will not allow me to get too close to germ-ridden students over the next few weeks, and will lock me in my office if they have to!! But they appreciate why I want to work through - it is SO nice to feel normal, I can't tell you.

Had my flu jab this morning so I have a slightly sore arm (like a bruise), but otherwise it was no bother. I asked about the myth that the inoculation gives you a small dose of flu, but apparently that really is just a myth. Those that think it does were probably just coming down with a cold anyway!!!

So next week will be more scans, another wig fitting (of the ones specially ordered for me to try) and hopefully egg collection... another sedative/anaesthetic! Oh, and work. Nice, normal, busy days at work!
LaughingLaughingLaughing

No comments:

Post a Comment