Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome and introduction

Hi folks
I thought I would create a blog to keep people up to date on my progress, as I know friends and family are interested, and it is hard to know what is going on without repeat emails, texts and phone calls (either to me, or my immediate friends and family).

I hope this works for you. I really just wanted to be able to reassure you that I AM FINE, and relieve some of the burdon of telling you the latest from my parents and others.

I love you all, and I know you love me, and I know I can call on you if I need to. Please rest assured I am not going to be brave, or try and do too much when there are people there that can help me. But also that I need to do some things for myself and not feel like an invalid or victim!!

Can I also take this opportunity to say thank you for the various cards and notes that many have sent. These have been lovely. I don't have them on display as they are a constant reminder that I am now a 'sick person' when I neither want to be, nor feel like it!! But they have been appreciated. It'd also be really nice to hear how YOU are getting on, as news of everyone else is a lovely distraction from me, me, boring me.

I have called this blog A Year in My Life, but I hope it will be less than a year really. It is just a phase we have to get through and then life carries on.

This blog will include some stuff I wrote elsewhere so that the story starts from the beginning, but I'll also update it every few days.

Hugs to you all
Emma xxxx

PS. Don't be afraid of asking questions. I am happy to answer what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment